Small law firm is searching for an administrative assistant who demonstrates a passion for computers and technology, prefers to work alone, prefers to work with minimal supervision, handles stress, is even-tempered, manages time effectively, enjoys processes, procedures, and protocols, and is punctual, and has reliable transportation.
Compensation depends on education and experience. Bilingual a plus.
Job Description: Performs general filing duties including sorting and filing materials, correspondence, records, business forms or other materials according to an alpha, numeric, date, subject or color-coded system. Scans documents or prepares documents for scanning. Ability to use basic office equipment: photocopy machine, facsimile machine, binding machine, etc. Has basic computer skills including: word processing and spreadsheet software. Other duties may apply.
- Enter and retrieve data in computer according to clearly defined instructions and criteria.
- File, locate and retrieve information according to alphabetical, numerical, coded or other established records maintenance systems; maintain and update filing and/or record systems, mailing lists and other specialized record keeping information.
- Scan and upload documents using imaging software and ensure scanned copies are clean and legible for later retrieval; appropriately file and organize documents within the software; review all work for accuracy and completeness; and maintain confidentiality of all information.
- Maintain and monitor office and/or specialized supplies and related equipment.
- Duplicate, collate, assemble and distribute materials according to established department policies and procedures.
- Pick up, receive, open, date stamp, sort and disseminate incoming mail and other materials to appropriate department staff.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are passionate about computers and technology, prefer to work alone, prefer to work with minimal supervision, handle stress well, are even tempered, you manage time effectively, enjoy processes, procedures, and protocols, and you are punctual, and have reliable transportation.