New research by the John Hopkins School of Medicine, published this month in the British Medical Journal (BMJ), reveals that medical errors are now the third largest cause of death in America, surpassed only by heart disease and cancer. The Center for Disease Control reports that over 250,000 Americans die each year, as a result of mistakes made by their health care providers.Marquardt Law Firm fights for their clients’ rights against, doctors, chiropractors, and hospitals in cases involving negligence. These cases include:
1. Misdiagnosis Injuries. A leading cause of injury or death is the failure to properly or timely diagnose a condition or disease. Misdiagnosis cases include faulty lab work, misreading film studies, failure to refer to a specialist, or performing incorrect or incomplete treatment modalities and surgery. If you, or a loved one, has been the victim of delayed or missed diagnosis of a medical condition, call Marquardt Law Firm today.
2. Birth Injuries. Serious medical injuries can occur to an unborn child during pregnancy during labor and delivery. These include brain injuries (like cerebral palsy and seizure disorders), fractured bones, and full or partial paralysis, as well as failing to identify ectopic pregnancies, or failing to diagnose disease that threatened a mother’s fetus, like herpes, HIV, drugs, or lupus. If your child, or a loved one, has been the victim of a birth injury related to medical negligence, call Marquardt Law Firm today.
3. Injuries to a mother. In addition to birth injuries, there are many injuries that can be caused to a mother during gestation, labor, and delivery. These include preclampsia, hypoglycemia, anemia, Rh incompatibility, and gestational diabetes. Failing to diagnoses birth defects, failing to identify ectopic pregnancies, failing to respond to signs of fetal distress, failing to administer a cesarean when needed, or improperly using forceps or a vacuum extractor are also potential injuries to a mother. If you, or a loved one, has been the victim of an obstetrical related injury, caused by medical negligence, call Marquardt Law Firm today.
4. Surgery Errors. A leading cause of hospital deaths are related to surgical errors. These include puncturing an organ or blood vessel, operating on the wrong part of the body, leaving surgical tools and implements inside the body, and unsanitary sterile techniques that introduce infection or disease to the body. Often, surgical errors are compounded by improper health care following up and monitoring of the patient post-surgery. If you, or a loved one, have been the victim of an injury related to surgical errors, call Marquardt Law Firm today.
5. Anesthesia Errors. Serious medical injuries and death may occur as the result of anesthesia errors. These errors include failure to identify risk factors associated with anesthesia, undermedication or overmedication of a patient, and incorrect intubations (putting a tube down the patient’s airway). Mistakes are also made in failing to take a full medical history, or failing to properly advise a patient on how to prepare for anesthesia (refrain from eating). If you, or a loved one, has been the victim of an anesthesia error, call Marquardt Law Firm today!
6. Medication Errors. Serious medical injuries can occur when a healthcare provider prescribes the wrong drug, administers a drug inappropriately, or fails to diagnose and respond to a drug allergy or drug interaction. If you, or a loved one, has been the victim of a medication error, call Marquardt Law Firm today!
Our medical negligence team is headed by J. K. Ivey, a board certified personal injury specialist with over 30 years’ experience in Texas courtrooms. If you or a loved one have been the victim of an injury or death caused by medical negligence, please call us today for a free consultation. Time is of the essence; Texas law imposes strict deadlines for healthcare liability claims.
Our healthcare liability cases are typically handled on a “contingent fee” basis, meaning there is no prepayment of fees required, and you will owe our firm a fee ONLY if we are successful in obtaining a recovery in your case. If there is no recovery, you will owe no fee. Call today (210) 530-4278.