DADS: The Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services
- http://www.ssa.gov – the official website of the Social Security Administration
- www.va.gov – Veterans Administration website
- www.va.gov/health_benefits/ - specific link to VA health benefits
- http://www.govbenefits.gov/ -assistance with finding government benefits programs to which a senior may be entitled.
- http://www.benefitscheckup.org – assistance with finding government benefits programs to which a senior may be entitled
Helpful Phone Numbers
National Adult Protective Services Association - 217.523.4431
National Center on Elder Abuse - 855.500.ELDR (3537)
Health & Human Services Dept. Administration on Aging - 202.619.0724
A.A.C.O.G. Bexar Area Agency on Aging - 210.362.5561
A Place for Mom - http://www.aplaceformom.com/san-antonio-senior-living-resources
Adult Protective Services - 800.252.5400
Attorney General’s Office Consumer Protection - 210.224.1007
Battered Women’s Shelter/Family Violence Prevention Services - 210.733.8810
Better Business Bureau - 210.828.9441
Bexar County Dispute Resolution Center - 210.335.2128
Catholic Charities - 210.222.1294
Christian Assistance Ministries - 210.223.4099
City of San Antonio Customer Call Center - 311
Bexar County Family Justice Center - 210.208.6800
Food Bank of San Antonio - 210.337.3663
San Antonio Housing Authority (S.A.H.A.) - 210.447.6262
San Antonio Metropolitan Health District - 210.207.8730
United Way Help Line - 211
Victim Information & Notification Everyday (V.I.N.E.) - 877.894.846
Bexar County District Attorney’s Office/Protective Orders - 210.208.6824
Community Law Center - 210.271.9595
Wills Clinic - 210.212.3740
San Antonio Bar Association, Lawyer Referral - 210.227.1853
Legal Aid Texas Rio Grande Legal Aid/San Antonio - 210.212.3700
Medical and Long Term Care
- http://www.alz.org - website for the Alzheimer's Association dedicated to research and prevention of Alzheimer's disease and related disorders
- www.medicare.gov – the official Medicare website
- http://www.medicarerights.org/Index.html - general news and information about Medicare
- http://www.cms.gov/ - the official website of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the agency that administers Medicare and Medicaid.
- www.medicareadvocacy.org – the Center for Medicare Advocacy, includes a wide variety of information: summary of Medicare issues, appeals, litigation, and a link to order Medicare informational materials.
- www.nmmra.org – New Mexico Medical Review Association –Medicare quality improvement organization reviews concerns from Medicare patients regarding quality of care, early discharge
Long Term Care Facilities
- www.nccnhr.org – National Citizens' Coalition for Nursing Home Reform – includes a wide variety of nursing home information, including government policy, information on current bills and legislation, and links to state websites. Also includes a link to ombudsmen.
- www.ccal.org – the Consumer Consortium on Assisted Living
New Mexico Health Care Programs
State Financial Assistance
- www.newmexico.gov/hsd/ - New Mexico Human Services Department Income Support Division
- www.newmexico.gov/hsd/ - New Mexico Human Services Department
- www.nmaging.state.nm.us – HIBAC provides information and assistance regarding Medicaid and other public benefit programs
- http://cms.hhs.gov/professionals/ - Medicaid professional and technical information
- www.state.nm.us/hsd/mad~html - Medicaid guidelines
- www.ltclink.com – provides information on D & E waiver program
- www.state.nm.us/gcch/ - information on assistance for people on waiver programs
- http://www.nmahc.org- the New Mexico Association for home care.
- www.medicare.gov – information on skilled care benefits covered by Medicare.
- http://www.phrma.org/ - Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Association general website
- http://www.phrma.org/pap/ - Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Association patient assistance program – includes information on low cost or no cost prescription medications for patients who can't afford to buy them
- www.needymeds.com/ - information for patients who can't afford to buy their medications
- www.themedicineprogram.com – assistance with obtaining free or low cost medicines.
- http://www.candarx.net – website for Canadian prescriptions
- www.nedcomm.nm.org/aslh - Albuquerque speech, language, and hearing. Provides information on available services
- www.sotheworldmayhear.org – Hear Now website – provides information on receiving free hearing aids for income eligible people
- www.nmdental.org – information on low or no cost dental services for seniors
- www.eyecareamerica.org – Eye Care America – comprehensive eye care for senior citizens at no cost.