Consumer Seminar Series
Here are several workshops or seminars that I can provide to groups of your clients. These seminars can be taught in a small group, large conference format, and can even be presented via webinar for clients that may have difficulty coming to the event.
Hidden Risks - Avoiding Common Estate Planning Mistakes
Attendees of this workshop will learn about the most common estate planning mistakes and what solutions are available to avoid them. Regardless of your family status or financial net worth, you will learn about planning strategies that help you:
- Maintain control of your estate during life and plan for any period of disability
- Create an efficient wealth transfer plan at death
- Make sure that your beneficiaries are protected from themselves and others
Comprehensive Estate Planning for Individuals with IRAs and Retirement Plans
By participating in this workshop, you will learn how to coordinate your IRAs and Retirement Plans with a comprehensive estate plan including:
- Important asset protection and income tax planning strategies that are available and how these opportunities can be lost by failing to plan
- IRA specific strategies including whether an IRA Legacy Trust is a good choice
- A discussion on who the beneficiary of your retirement plan should be
Dispelling the Myths of Government Benefits for Long Term Care
This workshop focuses on the myths you hear at the nursing home and at the bank about qualifying for Medicaid and the Aid and Attendance Veterans Pension to pay for long term care. We all know that 24/7 home care, assisted living, and nursing home care are outrageously expensive. Before you begin a strategy for saving money and qualifying for government benefits, it is important to understand mistakes that cause penalties, disqualification, and trouble with adult protective services. You should expect your attorney to take the time to understand your loved one’s medical condition, countable assets, and family dynamics and then counsel you on all the options available under the law.
This presentation is designed to teach attendees:
- Common myths spread by nursing home caregivers and bankers;
- Penalties that result from mistaken strategies for qualifying for government benefits.